Tuesday, December 13, 2005

I am not Craig.

The security woman who works evenings at my building is friendly, but in an uncomfortable sort of way.  Ever since I started working there she has been especially friendly.  She asks me how work is going.  Why am I there late.  What I think about her hair.  

All that was odd enough, but then she started asking me about other people.  Other people I don’t know.  Then, she started calling me by name.  Craig.  Only my name isn’t Craig.  She did it in such a way that I really couldn’t correct her without it being embarrassing for her, so for the last month or so I have been Craig.

Then, today I left work at an unusual time for me.  I rode the elevator down with a guy who had a similar coat and hat on.  We walked over toward security together and the security woman looked at him and said, “hi Craig.”  Then she looked at me.  Total confusion.  She started to say something (probably “you aren’t Craig”) but stopped.  I just smiled and said goodnight.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would be a bit nervous! No, very nervous! Stay away from her.

12/15/2005 01:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home