Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Update on the EC701 Espresso Maker --

UPDATE:
(old post was: http://intothecity.blogspot.com/2005/09/how-to-get-better-espresso-maker.html)

I got the espresso machine just like the VP of DeLonghi said. After 3 days it broke. Again. The lever / knob that turns the steam spray on broke off. When I called the customer service line, I got the same runaround. After searching through my papers I found the VP's number again. He sent another one last week. I've only used it two times, but it's held up so far.

The weird thing is that the machine really doesn't work as well as the other one. The crema layer is much thinner, and the froth doesn't get as thick. The thing that irritates me the most is that the space where espresso pours into is too short -- I can't fit my regular cup into it. I have to take out the drain piece. Not a terrible thing, but annoying.

We'll see how long this one lasts ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home