Friday, September 29, 2006

2006 PA Bar Exam Results?

Quite a few people have come across my site looking for clues about when the results to the 2006 PA Bar Exam will be released. All I can tell you is that last year, they released them over a week before they said they would on October 14, 2005.

I remember how stressful this whole time was. You have a job, but need to pass the bar to keep it. Or maybe you don't know what your job will do if you don't pass. I didn't. And I did not want to ask. Everything seems to be riding on this exam.

My heart goes out to you. I've been there. Just a few more weeks and it will hopefully all be over. The feeling that comes from finding out that you passed is amazing. Finally, your journey into a career as a lawyer will be finished, and you'll be ready to face the actual challenges of practicing law.

And to those of you who don't pass -- it is not the end of the world. Many firms will stick with you and provide you extra help to be sure you get it in February. You can do this. Everyone I know that did not pass the PA (or NJ) bar exam the first time has now passed. Every one. This is not California, where only half make it.

If you are like me, you'll still have to wait until mid November to find out about NJ. They did not release their results until November 15, 2006 -- the date they promised. Still, I knew that since the bulk of my practice would be in PA, having to re-take the NJ bar would not be as big of a deal. But nobody wants to go through the bar taking experience again. No sane person, at least.

So, if you came here looking for answers, I'll just politely direct you to the official state bar exam website: Pennsylvania & New Jersey. Now, take a deep breath and try to distract yourself for a couple of more weeks.

OK. Wow. Just checked the PA bar exam website and it now says:

Results for the July 2006 bar examination are tentatively scheduled to be
released on Friday, October 13th at approximately 11:30 a.m. The official
results will be mailed by United States Postal Service to the address registered
with the board office. If you have moved and have not advised the board
office of your new address information, please fax (717-795-8194) or mail this
information immediately. Address changes will NOT be taken over the phone.
Not much longer to wait then!! Just remember, last year, they posted the results first thing in the morning (so I would start checking the website early and continue throughout the day). Good Luck!!

[UPDATE: according to the website, the results are now being released Wednesday (10-11-2006) at 5pm. See -- I told you they'd move it up.]

[2nd UPDATE: results were posted before noon. Good luck!!!]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home